This document is a summary of the way La’ Bakehouse Exquisite Pty Limited ABN 18 152 717 694 manages personal information it holds on behalf of clients and those who access its websites. The policy is based on the National Privacy Principles that apply to private businesses under the Privacy Act, 1988 (Commonwealth). The National Privacy Guidelines can be accessed at www.privacy.gov.au/business/guidelines/index.
In summary, our policy is to:
- collect only as much personal information on you as we require to provide you with an effective
- service and meet our legal obligations;
- hold the information in a secure manner;
- give you access to the information if you request it and the means to change it if it is incorrect; and
- destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
This policy statement may be amended from time to time. Our website will always display the up-to-date version.
There are inherent risks in transmitting information across the Internet. We can give no absolute guarantee that all data, including personal information, provided via the Internet is secure from unauthorised use.
The personal information we hold
If you choose to become a customer of La’ Bakehouse Exquisite Pty Limited ABN 18 152 717 694 we will collect basic data that will include your name, address, age, gender, telephone and facsimile numbers, domain name, email address and credit card details (if you choose to pay online).
If you make inquiries about our products and services we will collect some or all of the above data. We may also record telephone conversations as an aid to training our staff. We will seek your agreement before any voice recording is made.
From time to time we may survey our customers to assist us in planning and delivering better services. The provision of this information will be voluntary and our intended use will be clearly identified at the time of collection.
The following information will be collected from visitors to the La’ Bakehouse Exquisite Pty Limited ABN 18 152 717 694 website:
- your server address
- your domain name
- the pages you accessed and documents you downloaded • the previous site you visited
- the type of browser you are using
In addition, we use session cookies which are deleted when you leave the web site.
Use of the personal information we hold
We use your personal information mainly to perform our obligations to supply the Products to you, invoice you for our services and conduct service audits. These services will generate a technical and accounting history of your dealings with us. Your personal information may also be used to provide you with general information and direct marketing material. You can choose not to receive the latter.
Security of personal information
We may store your personal information on servers which will be housed in a secure environment. Access will be restricted to authorised staff only. Billing data is encrypted and access to your personal data by non staff members is password protected.
We will take all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information we hold on you if you cease to be our client and we no longer need the information to finalise any outstanding matters.
Disclosure of personal information
In the normal course of business we will not disclose your personal information to any other party (other than contracted support services) without your consent. However, circumstances may arise where we will disclose your personal information without your consent. The circumstances include but are not limited to situations where disclosure is required to:
- comply with the law or in situations where we have reason to suspect that you are engaged in unlawful activity or improper conduct and we disclose your personal information as a necessary part of our investigation or to report our concerns to the relevant authorities;
- protect and defend our rights or property;
- enforce crucial terms of our agreements with you;
- sell our business or part of it; and
- prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life or safety or to the public safety generally.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can ask us to provide you with the personal information we hold on you. We will require you to provide identification to ensure the validity of the request. We undertake to provide the information in a reasonable time and to correct any errors where the information is not accurate, up-to-date or complete.
Personal information on children and young people